Listed below are articles that members may find helpful; covering a range of shooting activities. If you have a good recommendation to add to our list, then please contact us.
Ballistics and Reloading:
- ADI Powder Guide – ADI smokeless powders guide, online.
- ADI product codes – the Hodgen Equivalent.
- Heavy Bullets for Long range – A Long Range Competitor Looks at Heavy Bullets by German A. Salazar.
- Long Range load development – Ladder Testing at 1000 Yards by Jason Baney.
- Optimizing your Rifle position on Rests – Here’s some benchrest advice that can help you reduce vertical and shoot tighter groups… without spending another penny.
- Bore Brushing – How much is Too Much brushing? Leading Barrel-Makers, Shooters, and Smiths Address the Brushing Issue.
How to clean a firearm – SSAA Technical Advisor Brendan Atkinson’s article.
- Training techniques for F Class – Thanks to the VRA and their full training article F Class training techniques.
- The winning formula – F-Class is one of the fastest growing long-range shooting disciplines, some pointers from Jeff Cochran (USA) winner of Nationals and many other major F-Class matches.
- OzFclass website – The Australian website, articles and forum.
- Daily FClass Blog – Accurate Shooter USA with interesting articles u0026amp; news of latest products.
- Filters for tunnel sights to reduce glare: Globe Sight Donut Glare Filters, gear Review by Germán A. Salazar.
- Prone Guns for 300m and Beyond -Two Top Shooters Share Their Tips on Prone Shooting Techniques.
- Hints and Tips – Potter Firearms has a neat list of articles on pistol marksmanship, air pistol training, dry fire training u0026amp; more
Shooting in General:
- Canting Effect on Point of Impact -Avoid Inconsistent Canting for Better Accuracy and Higher Scores.
- Learning to “Read the Wind” A must if you want to get competitive -Horizontal Wind-Drift vs. Distance.
- Understanding Mirage – What are those squiggly little things I see running along the top of my target frame? Or what is mirage and how do I cope with it? By Gale McMillian.
- Target Scopes – What to Look for in a High-Magnification Riflescopes
- Fall of Shot diagnosis – Thanks to the VRA and their full training article F Class training techniques. See page 23 of the article; a simple page chart that helps diagnose why your fall of shot may be off target.