The club actively encourages members to participate in as many varied disciplines as they wish.
Long-Arms: Air Rifle – Black Powder – Full Bore – Small Bore:
- Air Rifle: shot at a distance of 10 metres, using .177 cal target rifle
- Blackpowder Breech Loading: Cartridge blackpowder shooting
- Blackpowder Muzzle Loading: firearms used are flint or cap lock rifles the type Davy Crockett & Daniel Boon used.
Blackpowder Shotgun: breech & muzzle loading
- Centrefire: shooting from 100 and 300 metres with telescopic sights. Centre fire rifles vary in calibre, 8 mm maximum.
- F.Class: Any centre fire rifle up to 8mm calibre fitted with a telescopic sight. Shot at a distance of 300 to 800 metres.
- Fullbore: long distance target shooting 300 to 800 metres, .308 or .223 calibre rifle with aperture or telescopic sights.
- Service Rifle: ex-service rifles shot from a target distance up to 300 metres where ‘snap’, ‘rapid’ and ‘application’ style of shooting is employed.
- Shotgun Nitro: most shotguns used are 12 or 20 gauge. A clay target is launched from a spring-loaded thrower. The shooter has to hit a moving target.
- Single Action: shooters follow the shooting style of the 1880’s. Using black powder pistols, lever action rifles and shotguns.
- Smallbore: shot using a .22 calibre rifle, targets placed at 50 metres. Shooter uses either aperture or telescopic sights. Prone and benchrest position.
- Smallbore Benchrest: sporter class and open class.
- Smallbore Metallic Silhouette: animal silhouette shot from the offhand position at distances of 40, 60, 77 & 100 metres.
- 25 Metre – 50 Metre
- Air Pistol
- Black Powder
- Metallic Silhouette
- Rapid Fire
- Single Action
Nowra Rifle Club Pistol group has a varied range of disciplines. Shooting outdoor at 25m & 50m.
Full Bore & F Class
This discipline is shot on Saturday afternoons, ranging from 300m to 800m, utilising computerised visual target results.
With it’s own dedicated range, fully covered it has both 25m & 50m target facilities. Usually shot on Saturday mornings.
Certainly for the ‘history buffs!’ a great group of enthusiasts. Shot on our 100 yard practice range, they have special organised shoots & lots of practice days.